Tuesday 6 October 2009

Poinsettia Tote Bag

I've been looking at these fabrics for ages and not knowing what to do with them! I just knew that I liked them and wanted to do something BRIGHT with them! I put the patchwork together first, then sat and looked at them for a few weeks before I decided what to do next!
In the end, the patchwork was finished with some metallic gold thread zigzags and a little corsage in my favourite pink chenille.
A little gold tone button on the corsage finished it off.
Finally some plain, emerald green cotton for the lining and pocket for a fabulous, festive contrast!

This is such a vivid bag - perfect for adding a bit of spice to your christmas shopping trips!

1 comment:

Marie said...

I adore these colours and the vintage fabrics! Just up my street, will wnjoy checking back again to see more goodies!!